GOAL by Dorcas Odok

Walking through towns of thorns
I strode towards fire
Through piercing pebbles
Taking gingerly steps
On sorry feet
Like an emissary of misery
On a journey
My face weary of smiles
Masked with pain
Eyes gleaming with fire
Striding towards perfection
I sought for sunshine
Fingers delving into sordid soils
Searching for joyful claps
Digging for gold.
Symphonies of pain coloured my gloom
My face beaming with streaks of hope
As I clasp my hands with sorrows
Drums of discord rolled around my feet
As I swam through webs of sunlight
Teeth gleaming towards perfection
As I held the gaze of my goal!

Dorcas Odok is an artful Poetess, Writer and a member of Poets in Nigeria (PIN) UNICAL.
The above poem won her the 3rd position for the Sprinklestoriez Poetry Contest 2018.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
1Abc Directory