A Letter to Politicians by Kerry A. Kennedy

Dear Politicians,
I write tonight to address some issues
That have been burning in my heart,and
Many conscious and logical citizen
There have been many times,
I've wanted to speak to your
Consciousness and today is one of
Those days that has me contemplating
Why you've really been elected
So, give me your ears!
As you're aware, you've been put
Where you are, because we believe you
Have the ability to change the current
Pace of this country;
You're at where you are,
Because many people believed you,
When you came with your bittersweet
Lies, and sour-sweet tongue
I still remember how well you faked
Liking "your people", during the elections
I still remember how you came to us,
With many bags of rice, oil, and many
'Nutritional' foods
Or have you forgotten your many promises?
"I'll build you roads"
You told the Younger ones,
Underprivileged, and unable to make logical
Decisions,because of your lack of willingness to build
schools
You prefer standing,and being verbose, in Your broken
English, to pull the "noisy Masses" by their noses, with
your many Distasteful lies!
Yes, politicians! I'm talking to you who have Decided to
not work for the people who voted you
My dear politicians,
Don't take this sadly
I write to entice your consciousness
And to inform you that we who elected
You are unhappy with the way you've put us Aside,and
gone ahead with your unspoken yet Heard political
agenda
I want you to know that as I write this poem, There are
many of my brothers and sisters
Who haven't had a decent meal
I want you to know that there are many
Of my siblings, your people, who have no decent
clothing, nor shelter
I want you to know that the people
Who elected you are heartbroken, because of your self-
centered attitudes!
As I lay my pen down
I want you to know in your heart
That these people who elected you once
Will do it no more, if you don't care for them!
I want you to know that these people
Who elected you will defend you no more
If you don't look out for them!
I want you to know that 'your people' won't listen to you
anymore if you don't listen to their cries!
I want you to know that a conscious and softhearted
young Liberian writer cries as he writes this piece!
It's time you care for your people!
This is enough!
Kerry A. Kennedy is a young Liberian Writer, who studies
Chemistry and Mathematics at Cuttington University in
Liberian. He is an emerging poet who writes about
relevant issues in his country, African, and the world. He
began writing poetry in July of 2017.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
1Abc Directory