SAY NO TO RAPE by IG Abiaobo Jr.

I cried through the night,
beckoning on the moon and stars
to bear my battered soul witness,
to peruse the torn through patches
that lit the outskirts of a once
beautiful rose pictured gown,
the palm markings of a beastly
yet, nigh cowardly sociopath
stretched across the light of my skin,
to feel with me,
the aching wickedness singing
within the walls of my private,
to bear witness to the gruesome,
malicious and wickedly thought out
robbery of the passionate
and warming designed dreams
sketched in the heart of my heart,
of how and with whom,
my status will read
'Madly in love, married, deflowered,'
to place curses on the faceless
yet, familiarly placed wickedness
that forced my thighs apart,
that slapped my features apart,
that spat on my existence,
all for the selfish, sickly pleasures
of their hell built wanton loins,
to inject pain into their every minute,
and turn their every laughter
into tears from repeated thought
of guilt and the harshness of loss,
of nightmares, prophesying truths
of days to come when their loins
will heat up like the singing ocean
and explode like shy volcanoes,
whilst they experience consistently,
every pain humorously inflicted,
till death's eyes find their roofs
and they return pleading on;
'Say NO to rape.'

Ignatius Inyang Abiaobo (IG Abiaobo Jr.) is a Chemist, Poet, Writer, Music and Novel lover. He is an advocate for Unity, Peace and Beauty in diversity. Some people say that reading books aid to change the way in which people look at life; while poetry actually changes lifes, and he believes that because like many out there, poetry did infact change his life. He hails from Ikot Ekpene L.G.A of Akwa Ibom State."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
1Abc Directory